London?! Yes London. Two weeks ago I literally sat in my cubicle and said “Fuck it, I’m going to London” and here I am, in the midst of the fog, miserable weather giving my family the greatest gift of all… ME! (Just kidding). I surprised my grandmother for her birthday and honestly, it was the best feeling in the world. My grandmother is on of the sweetest, funniest, strongest and most clueless women in the world. The littlest things make her happy, and I’m honestly happy this could be one of those moments.
Now I have secretly been participating in the 24 acts of kindness activity. Why secretly? Because I don’t think your acts of kindness need to flaunted / tagged (which is what I am about to do, but that is besides the point people!!). But yes, lets just say Santa came in the form of a 5’3” 24-year-old woman this year.
Acts of kindness:
- Bought my mother the newest version of the Michael Kors tote. There were tears, there was slight stumbling, and there were more tears.
- Carried… not 1, but 2 baby carriages up the 145th Street Subway Station stairs… (and I got to meet the cutest little boy ever).
- [ see above ]
- My baby sister got her shopping spree in the everything pink store Justice, which I think is the former Limited Too (You know you remember that horrid store).
- Gave a man in the 42nd Street Bryant Park Subway station my monthly pass since I’m gone till the New Year.
- My 6’2 baby brother got money as usual and little extra something on the side.
- My father will be receiving an assortments of gifts in the mail in 3, 2, 1 (Can’t say till he receives them)
- I opted to work from home during my trip to London to give my coworkers their vacation with their children.
- I’m helping my high-school bestie reach her weight goals.
- Surprised my grandmother for her birthday and Christmas.
- Helped Peggy from apt 53 with the new wheelchair she refuses to use most days…
- Got Roomie #1 / Bestie / Soulmate the o’ so famous Ruby Woo lipstick.
- Spent an evening helping a friends boyfriend plan out his courses in order to receive an engineering degree from my Alma Mater
- Play merchant mule for my twin aunts who graciously house me and whoever I drag with me to London.
- Donated a trash-bag full of clothes to a coworker’s sister who lost all her belongings to Sandy.
- Replaced Sb’s shitty ass phone, my mini contribution to something that will be great.
- Allowed this crazy woman to use my Macy’s card in order to receive an extra discount on her purchases.
- Giving my Nay-Bear access to my home for New Years Eve celebrations.
- Helping to put up a friends new blog.
- Helped Randall, a man I met on the train to figure out his flight information and answered his questions about buying a sim card.
- Aided in creating the escape route from the work holiday christmas party.
- Gave the dominoes pizza guy a tip he shall never forget from the girl he claims “never has her hair done”. (how effing rude.)
- … [ secret act of kindness ] and probably one of the hardest ones yet.
- Last, my favorite: Nediva, the hardest working undergrad, got an all expense trip to London to meet my family and take the vacation she deserves and needs.