So Carly over from Hauls and All (and this post) so graciously reminded me that I have yet to complete my 25 by 25 list. Last year my 24 by 24 list focused on conquering some fears and living a little. This year I want to focus on living a lot. I want everyday to be a surprise and I want to be able to say “Hey, my 20’s were wild and crazy”. I definitely have the mentally unstable part down, but the wild part? I’m ready to let go and live life… slightly, maybe 2 inches from the edge. So without further due, here is this year’s list:
Mardi Gras in New Orleans: Don’t get me wrong I have celebrated Mardi Gras, but not in the city it originated from. Girls gone wild anyone? Just kidding! (revised)Inauguration! – check
- Do a nude photo-shoot: Yes, brought this back from the list of 24, but I never really got to it. No, I am not striving to be in playboy, and nope, I am not trying to perfect the nude that’ll later on leak onto the web to jumpstart my career (again, kidding!) but I feel as though the day I can comfortably do a tastefully nude photo-shoot for myself, is the day I know I reached the goal of completely loving my body.
Take up Yoga (I’m thinking bikram?): Yoga and me do not blend… or bend. I am not flexible, I do not like the pain from the stretches, and I hate bare feet! But I have heard Yoga really makes you center yourself, and that it is relaxing, so I’m taking it up! –check
- Run 5k / 10k / or Half-Marathon on behalf of a lupus foundation: This is another goodie from the list of 24. Only difference is that I now want to do it for a cause very dear to me and my family.
- Skydive or Bungee Jump
Have a day of silence– check Make more friends in NYC: More friends = More things to do, more things to share, and new experiences.– check
- Attend 3 bloggers conferences / events: I have been blogging for about 10 years now, ASSW’s being the longest blog I have kept in ever. I’d like to turn this passion into something a little more, hone my skills, and meet some awesome people!
- Hit 14% body fat: Self explanatory.
Kick this photography hobby into full gear: I have a gorgeous T3i Camera, her name is Carmen, and she doesn’t get the usage she deserves.– check Become a mentor– check Become a vlogger (yikes!): It started with a simple request to record my trip to London and record the Yettember festivities, but I think I kind of like it, although hearing and seeing myself on camera scares me (and maybe you too) sometimes. It also made me realize how high pitched I was!– check
- Scuba Diving
- Travel outside of the America twice: I really love to travel, to experience different cultures, but I rarely go anywhere outside of the norm.
- Skinny Dip
- Meet 3 of my favorite bloggers: Almost there! Met Akudo from She’s Gotta Write It!
Reconnect with some of my father’s side of the family– check
- Host or Speak at an event
“Put a stop to this constant cycle of suffering”: A personal Challenge from my friend Jessica– check
Get back into my “clean eating and training dirty” mentality: I honestly feel a lot better about.. well everything except for my hair when I work out consistently and eat healthily. I haven’t really been able to get into a routine while I have been here in NYC and I am looking to change that… again. Maybe bring back Work Out Weds / Weigh In Weds? Thanks Jazz.– check
- Go to the movies 5 times on my own: I feel like such a lame doing this. There are so many movies I have missed out on because I do not have anyone to go with… and this never ending fear of being alone in the public eye!
Cook more often– check
- Find some sort of grounds with a religion
- Again love all of me
- Be able to say that my 24th year was great!
You guys are more than welcome to hound me to complete this list, the more pressure the better! I’ll be placing it under the “Yetti and ASSW” tab so feel free to click on it from time to time to see how I am progressing.
Happy Tuesday Lovies!0